Friday, May 20, 2011

Bye Bye Paci & Baby Update

Great news! Well, sort of! :) Friday, May 13th Josh & I decided it was time - time to take the plunge. After a road trip to Huntsville to pick up some last minute baby necessities, we decided that Friday night would be the night that we "lost" the paci. Uh oh. We "left" it in Babies-R-Us. To our surprise, Landon actually has done really well, only asking for his paci 2-3 times since!! Whenever he asks we just say, "Sorry babe, we dont have it anymore!"

This is the last picture ever taken of Landon with his paci....

 ...during a playdate with this little sweetie! :)
Reese wasn't too sure about the tunnel...

I think that this was the prime time mainly because Landon has had strep. Yes, strep! I swear, my child and I can catch anything that walks by us these days! My doctor said that my immune system was down because I am not resting enough...blah blah blah. But that doesn't explain it for Landon! I guess his little body just hasn't had the time - or experience - to build up the immunities. Either way, we've been sick! Last Thursday, May 12th Landon started running a 102 temp and refused to eat. He had a runny nose and was starting to cough, so I just knew what the doc would say - sinus infection! And that is exactly what Dr. G said - and quickly started Landon on a round of antibiotics. Well, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday passed and Landon still was sick, no sign of getting better, but the temp had not come back. We woke up Monday morning to Landon yelling from his room, "I'M ITCHING!" Hmmmm, that's odd. So I ran into his room to see just what was going on. Sure enough, baby boy had broken out in hives on his arms! Geez... the only explanation we could come up with was an allergic reaction to his medicine, so I loaded him up at 7:45 and we headed straight for the doctors office - they weren't even open yet so of course I didn't even call! Our regular doctor, Dr. G, was out, so we saw the fabulous NP, Clarissa. I also pointed out that not only did he have the rash there, but it had also spread to his stomach by the time we had arrived at the office...not to mention his terrible cough. So, she suggested that we do a chest x-ray and check for strep. Strep? What made her think strep - she just said that his throat looked fine. Who knew that you can get strep on your skin?! News to me! It's a sandpaper type rash that can be found anywhere on your body or in your throat, but if you have it, regardless of the place, they can test for it in your throat. The test came back positive, but the hives on his arms were indeed an allergic reaction to his previous antiobiotic. Of course since strep is very, very contagious, I am sure you can guess who caught it... :-/ Actually, we're not for sure, my doctor didn't even test me, they just immediatly started me on antibiotics anyway! They asked if I had a soar throat, and I did, and since Landon is always in my face giving me those sweet fish kisses, they just knew that if I didnt have it yet, it was only to come.


Speaking of my doctor, I went for my weekly check up this past Wednesday. Dr. A was out, so I had to see Dr. K. It's always kind of strange seeing a new doctor, especially since I had to be checked for any progress that day. (YIKES!) Here are the stats from my appointment: No weight gain - holding strong at 38 pounds! haha! Baby's heart rate was racing at 172bpm - the highest it has ever been. The nurse said she was probably nervous to see a new doctor! haha! Odd though, my BP was fine, so I dont know why Corinne was so fiesty. Dr. K said I am starting to thin out, but have not yet dilated. He also said that after Monday I will be full term and he would be fine for me to go any day after that. I made another appointment for next Wednesday to be checked again. Hopefully Corinne will hang in there for one more week...I have devised a little plan. If she hasn't shown any progress by the end of next week, I am going for a mani/pedi! Last time that sent me into labor, so maybe it will do the trick again! Gotta love those pressure points :) Can you tell I am still holding out hope that she will be born on Memorial Day?!?!

I had her diaper bag monogrammed and just got it back Thursday, so I have no excuse for not being all packed and ready to go now! Suppose I will cross that off my list this weekend...and install the car seat! Look at the cute little car seat cover I bought for her!

New diaper bag

Caden Lane Car Seat Cover

I was fine with her using Landon's car seat - it was green and gender neutral - but I ran across this at The Baby's Room, so Josh encouaged me to get it! Now I dont feel so bad that essentially everything she has is a hand-me-down!

1 comment:

Kellie Belue Jordan said...

39 weeks and 5 days here... Still no dilation.... BUT, i did go get a mani pedi Saturday.... My next appt is Thursday (the day AFTER my due date, lets hope your mani/pedi trick works) LOVE THE DIAPER BAG AND CAR SEAT!