Wednesday, May 25, 2011

PROGRESS!!!

Whee, the roller coaster begins!! I had my 38 week check up this morning and, finally, some progress! Dr. A said I have dilated to 1 cm (I know, not a big deal, but it's something!) and I am 30% effaced. At this point with Landon I was much further along, but he was also much, much bigger than Corinne! Dr. A did say that she doesn't think Corinne will get as big as Landon's 10lbs. 2oz, but that she is already about 8 lbs...so she'll still be a chunk! :) I have a feeling she will be long, as she feels low in my pelvis, and Dr. A confirmed that she is, but yet I can still feel her little booty and legs moving all around at the top of my belly. Since your second pregnancy seems to progress more quickly once things get started, Dr. A did say that if I start feeling pressure over this long holiday weekend that I should just come on in to L&D. When I told Josh, he said, "well,  lets go for a walk tonight! and you can go get a mani/pedi to get things moving along!!" haha, love my husband! He really wants her to be born this Friday so he'll have more time to help me out and spend with her before going back to work.

Not only have I begun to dilate, I am doing spectacular (based on my previous pregnancy) with my weight! I have only gained 1 pound in the last 3 weeks! My blood pressure is perfect this pregnancy, and baby girls heartbeat was 144 today. Soooo funny how both of my pregnancies have been polar opposites! And even though I was exhausted and hormonal with Landon, the emotions dont even come close to being as cRaZy as this go around! I can cry at the drop of a hat! And oh my, once I get started, I can't stop! It's ridiculous! And I am not even a cryer! And even though it's probably not nice to say, there are some people that REALLY get on my last nerve here lately! And it's people that I have never had any issues with before! Just little things they do (which I have never paid attention to before) drive me bonkers. Oh well...it's supposedly normal! I'm sure it'll all go back to normal once baby is here.

So, if Corinne decides to hibernate through the weekend, then we have another appointment next Tuesday, and then my preop at the hospital next Friday for blood work! It is UNREAL to think that we only have about a week to go! And that's me going all the way! Can't wait to meet this little girl! :)

4 comments:

The Gists said...

YAY for progress!!! I was wondering how it went.

Jessica said...

Sooo, if you could pass this along to Corrine, it would be much appreciated... Corrine, this is your mommy's friend Jessica. I realize and completely sympathize with the fact that you are extremely cozy in your safe little home. However, seeing as your new friend Maggie Claire will be coming to visit next Saturday, you really need to make an appearance before then. You don't want to miss meeting your friend before she moves away do you? Sorry, no guilt trip intended. Anyway, if you could show up sometime this week so we can all meet you it would be great - thanks, Jess"

Jennifer said...

EEEEKK!!!! YAY!

Kellie Belue Jordan said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe you will have a Memorial Day BABY! Maybe we will be in the hospital at the same time!