Wednesday, May 11, 2011

So far, so good!

So, I am 36 weeks and 3 days! Went to the doc this morning and she said so far, so good! Blood pressure is perfect (which is a relief, because it was high with L!) and though I have started to swell, sporting my fabulous cankles, she said I just need to rest more often and that should help - haha, I dont think she realizes that I have a 2 year old! She didn't specify if I had started to thin out, but she did say that the pain in my back and in my lower abdomen are my braxton hicks contractions. I know I already have 1 child, so I should know what a contraction feels like - but I dont! I was 4cm dilated, getting a mani/pedi none the less, and had no clue I was in labor with Landon! I haven't dilated any...which I must say I was surprised! I know it can change day by day, but I had already started slowly progressing with Landon by this point. In a weird way, I am really glad! She asked if I wanted to leave my C-section date the same, June 6th, and I said "Yes, Please!" I am 100% okay with going full term. As much as I want to meet this little girl, I also feel like I have sooo much to do still before she gets here, plus I know the longer she bakes the less likely we will have any issues like we did with Landon being born early. Dr. A did let me know she'd be on vacation next week and I would have to see Dr. K at my weekly appointment. That makes me a little nervous, but I am sure all will be fine.

So though I have made no progress in the pregnancy, I have made progress in the nursery! I must give myself props, I stayed up to the wee hours of the night washing Corinne's clothes! AND I got everything ready for her bag! She's set until 6 months, and I am sure when I have time I will go ahead and wash all the way up to 12 months before she gets here. This Friday, if I am feeling okay and nothing comes up, we're going to make a quick trip to Huntsville to get some last minute things to finish her room...ya know, like a mattress :) sleep positioner, wedge, possibly a double stroller, and maybe even a girlie diaper bag. I have yet to find a diaper bag that I am in love with, so until I do she will be using Landon's Vera Bradley. It's green and blue paisley, but compared to other bags I have seen it is top notch when it comes to organizing!! And goodness knows with 2 being organized is a MUST! I'm a little worried about how to arrange the car seats. I think she should be in the middle, but do I really want her next to Landon poking at her? Should I put them on opposite sides of the car with a seat empty in the middle? Plus Landon has been known to get car sick if he's not in the middle...yikes! I might have to pull up the 3rd row and put one in the wayyy back! Decisions, Decisions!

No comments: