1) Baby Showers - in the past 3 weeks I have helped to host 2 baby showers! And I must say, I love party planning! I really enjoy all of the organization and little details! However, I am beginning to realize that I am huge and exhausted, so it's time for me to put my feet up :) I forgot to take my camera to Jessica's "About to Hatch" themed shower, but here are a few pictures from Olivia's, which was yesterday!
"Take Me Out to the Ball Game!" themed diaper cake
A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E Baseball Cupcakes!
The hostesses with Olivia, the Mommy-To-Be
Stacey, Me, Olivia, Janna, & Jennifer
I wish that Josh & I could have stayed longer so that I could have gotten some better pictures of guests, outdoor decor, food, etc. but it was our 6 year anniversary, and let's face it folks, this night was probably the last one where we could have a peaceful dinner at a fancy restaurant, just the two of us, for a very, very long time :) But I can only imagine how great Olivia's shower was! Maybe she'll do a blog post on it soon ... hint hint!
2) During the week, Landon and I plan outings to certain stores (mainly Target and Hobby Lobby!) with a very special party in mind! Landon's 3rd Birthday Party!! Landon picked out his own theme this year, a construction party, and so I have been trying my darnedest to get everything done before Corinne gets here. She will only be about a month old at his party (this makes me nervous, as I don't like people being all in the face of my newborn!), and I know my hands will be tied! We've done great so far! Most of the decorations and all of the plates/cups/napkins/utensils have been purchased. Really all I have to do is order my invites and put together the party favors! And of course the food, but I can't exactly plan too far in advance on that one! I think Landon will LOVE his party, as he is all about some tractors and dump trucks. I want this day to be all about him!
Speaking of all about him, I knew with a new baby in the house it would be hard to give Landon the attention he so demands during the week, specifically in the first few weeks of being home. I didn't want to hire a babysitter, as Landon's favorite things during the week entail play dates with friends his age (so a sitter or family wouldn't do the trick) so I enrolled him in a summer program at a local church where he will go and play with other kiddo's his age. It's only 1 day a week, but he also is old enough for VBS this year and we will probably join in on the MOPS Fun Camp...so he will have 2-3 days a week of play time this summer! We just have to make staying well a priority! Landon is excited about his "new school" as he calls it, especially since last Thursday was his last day of Wee School for the year. He had been sick earlier in the week, but was feeling well enough for me to take him to join in on the end-of-the-year party. Here are some pictures!
Playing with friends
Enjoying a Popsicle!
See!?
Chasing bubbles
Landon's 2 year old Wee School Class
3) During any of our so called "free time" we are working on this house! I wouldn't go as far as to say we're done, but we're getting close to fixing the major items on the list. This past week Josh & I stayed up every night till midnight or later putting up new crown molding downstairs. We are not going to do the upstairs for a while, as it's more work (and about another $800) than we had imagined! We would *like* to have most everything (except pictures on the wall) complete by the time Corinne gets here, and we're getting close. The kitchen (I am going to paint the cabinets) and the exterior of the house will not be complete anytime soon though! haha! Oh well...maybe next year :)
4) So as you read in my last post, we can't seem to stay away from sickness...however, as of right now (knock on wood...) we are all well! I am the only one with issues, and they are not contagious! :) My contractions are getting more painful, yet they're still very sporadic, so I'm not worried about them. I am (or I was), however, worried about this very itchy rash on my belly! Only come to find out that it is perfectly normal and a lot of women get it in their 3rd trimester. It's called PUPPS. It's like little blisters all over your belly, and I even have a few spots on my leg where these annoyances have popped up. They itch like crazy!!!! I honestly thought I had poison ivy at first, but no, just PUPPS. Good news is that they go away after having the baby (they're hormone and stress related per the internet??) and I suppose I am lucky because I don't have long to go. I would be going coo-coo if I had had them for a while...especially with this heat! It just makes them itch worse.
So, that's about it for now. Landon has his first dental appointment this week - I'm a little nervous as to how this will go...and as always, I have my usual check up with Dr. A on Wednesday! Will update later this week! I will leave you with a few pictures of Landon "muddin," as he calls it, in our messy yard! haha!
"Landon, what are you doing?"
"I'm muddin' Mommy!"
Good boy :) He gets it honest!
Landon disappeared from the front yard...
...but I found him doing donuts in the side yard!
Then he decided to take a spin around the
block to get the mud off of his tires!...He's clever!
2 comments:
My Shower was great! Thanks for everything!
I have had PUPP since about 25 weeks. BENDADRYL GEL is your best friend, not the cream... the gel! makes all the difference in the world. I am afraid i will have scars from it. I have literally scratched craters in my skin... Makes for a really cute baby bump.
Post a Comment