For weeks now I have been preparing Landon for school. We went out and bought him a snazzy new back-pack all decked out with tractors on it, a new lunchbox, and we even went and took a tour of his classroom! He seemed excited about the idea of school...or "cwool" as he calls it. We would talk about meeting new friends and learning new things...and most importantly about being nice and sharing! I have also been preparing myself for his first day of school, telling myself that everything will be fine, and that if it is not, that the teachers will call me asap!
So the day came. I wasn't sure if I could handle it, but ready or not, here it was! Josh got Landon up this morning and fed him pancakes while I got dressed. Then I got Landon all dressed and ready for school in his cute little tractor outfit I had made for him on Etsy. We were ready! Backpack in hand we loaded up into the car and were off! As we pulled into the parking lot Landon goes, "Cwool?" I responded with, "Yes Baby, we are at school!" Landon's response, "Fends?" Me, "Yes Baby, you are going to meet lots of new friends!"
As we got out of the car he seemed eager to get inside. As we walked down the hall to Landon's classroom he was greeted my many familiar faces! One little girl, Zoe, came up to Landon the minute we walked into the room. She introduced herself and said "Would you like to play with me?" How sweet is that?! We tucked Landon's backpack in to his cubbyhole, signed him in, gave him lots of hugs and kisses, and he gladly went with his teacher to the mat to play tractors. No tears!...from Landon that is! ;) Of course I had my camera in hand the entire time, so I got a few pictures. He seemed content. I did tell the teachers that if he became unhappy that I had tucked his paci away in his backpack, and that he could have it if it became necessary. Well, whenever I picked him up his teacher told me that for a short minute after we left, once he realized that we were gone, the waterworks started, but luckily the paci did the trick...well, that and a big green John Deere Gator! His teacher also said that he did really good at lunch, eating his entire slice of Pizza. Both of his teachers really raved on how well he did, and how sweet he is. That makes me feel as though he is in good hands!
When I arrived at his school to pick him up, his class was out on the playground. Once he saw me he started crying out MOMMY! MOMMY!, he was so happy to see me! He jumped into my arms from the slide and held on tight! I think he might of missed me ;) We headed into his classroom to get his backpack and sign out, with Landon leading me the entire way. He wanted to "show you my cwool!" He opened every door, ran down the hallway, and excitedly pointed into his classroom. He took me over to the play mat and showed me all of the toys he played with. He then took me out into the hallway where we picked up his craft/artwork for the day. It will be going in his baby book :) It says "Look at me, I'm as busy as a bee, On my first day at WEE!" It seems as though Landon's first day of school was a success! I can't believe my baby is such a mature, big boy!!
Ready for School!
Walkin' the Walk
Little Sweetie knows just where to go!
Welcome!
Landon & Mommy on his 1st day!
He seems eager to go play, doesn't he?
Landon's Cubbyhole :)
This is what he was doing when we left...
Playing with tractors! :) I knew he would be O.K...
...but I didn't know if I would be.
This is what he was doing when I came to pick him up!
He was so excited!
He had to show me where his "cwool" was.
Time to go home!
Showing me his "art"
I like school!
1 comment:
Congratulations Landon on your very first day of school! You look like such a big boy!! (I don't know how you did it Mommy!)
Post a Comment