Friday, September 17, 2010

Landon's Awesome Manners!

As a former Teacher of high school students, it quickly became obvious to me that a lot of "kids" these days have no manners (or respect for others) what-so-ever! With that thought in mind, I knew from the get-go that Landon was going to be the exception to the rule! So for about 3 months now I have been trying to teach Landon his manners...got get 'em while they're young! haha! Of course, the best way to teach him at this age is simply by example. So, whenever my sweet baby would sneeze, I would say Bless You! If he were to get a boo-boo, I would say, Sorry Sweetie! If I wanted him to do something for me, I would always ask please, and if he were to fulfill my requests I would always say, Thank You!

Well, it seems as though my efforts are paying off! Last Thursday morning on our way to take Landon to his 2nd day of WEE school, my husband, Josh, had a tickle in his nose and let out a big sneeze! Out of nowhere we heard a sweet little voice in the backseat say, "Bless You, Daddy!" We both immediately turned and looked at him to thank him for his kind gesture, and he was so proud of himself. Since then we have noticed that he has been using his manners frequently!! And within just 2 short weeks of school his vocabulary has grown tremendously! In fact, yesterday after lunch Landon hopped down out of his chair, turned to look at me and said, "Momma, play tractors with me!" Yes, that's 5 words! In a row! And it was clear as day! Yay! Of course I stopped what I was doing and we rushed to his room to play tractors!

I wish that I had a video camera attached to me at all times, but since that is not the case, I must settle for "video sessions" which usually take place on Saturday mornings when Daddy is at work. This past Saturday Landon was requesting M&M's, and as usual, I made him work for them!! Please excuse the PJ's...we stay in them on Saturday's until noon! We love lazy Saturdays!

As you will notice in the video, Landon not only knows his manners, but all of his colors, too! He has known his colors for about 6 months...but sometimes gets pink and purple mixed up if they're light in hue. If you were to ask him anything about a tractor, farm, barn, corn, animal, etc...he can tell you! We are currently working on our shapes (he's really good at square and triangle), and he can easily count to 4, then skips around until he gets to 10! He seems to care nothing about his ABC's, but he LOVES singing songs, especially The Wheels on the Bus and Skin-A-Marinky-Dinky-Dink.

***Please note: Landon has picked up what we call his "Darth Vader" voice. I don't know where he learned this, but he uses the voice often! And especially when he is serious about something!

Mind Your Manners from Lisa Newbern on Vimeo.

No comments: