Rather than carpooling with the other families, we opted to leave early and go it alone...that way we could make a Starbucks stop :) We ended up getting to the gardens at the same time as everyone else, but we all split up once we got inside. (since the children were all different ages and wanted to explore different things) We ended up spending 2 1/2 hours in the garden and we had the most fun! We probably would have stayed longer, but a little someone was getting sleepy! Landon really enjoyed the freedom of running all over the place and getting to play with EVERYTHING! Seriously, there was nothing that he could destroy! haha! This trip even sparked my husband to say that if we ever have a house with a nice, flat backyard that we will have to get Landon a tree-house of his very own! He loved climbing up and down the stairs, swinging, sliding, just whatever the particular tree-house (there were 10 of them...) had to offer.
As soon as you stepped into the gardens you could tell that Halloween was just around the corner! There were creepy crawler decorators galore, like giant spiders, ghosts, and even a Frankenstein made out of large painted bales of hay...not to mention the other "Garden Creatures" throughout the exhibit. There was even a hayride and a maze, but we had to forgo them because Landon was just too sleepy! Overall this was a delightful day! Definitely something we plan to do again in the future!...maybe even the near future! :)
The day has finally come! Landon can listen
to his movies on his wireless headphones! WOOHOO!
I love Nemo, but I'm sure people think i'm
crazy that I can recite it...WORD FOR WORD!!
Mom, there are some real characters here!
See what I mean!
Who ya gonna call?
Someone's excited!!!
My little wallflower :)
My, what a big flower pot!
I'm ready! Let's go!
One of the Tremendous Treehouses!
Can you find us??
Playing in the tree-house!
My favorite of the "Garden Creatures"
I take that back...THIS is my favorite :)
Climbing another tree-house...
This one's cool! I'm REALLY high up!
Sweet little guy :)
The boys admiring the BIG fish!
More fun in the reehouse!
Little Hut
Landon looks like he's up to something...
No words for this one...haha!
Inside "Trading Post Treehouse"
"We're not in Kansas Anymore" Treehouse
It's hard to see, but underneath the house there are
2 legs and some red witch shoes sticking out.
Last stop: Children's Garden
Someone was getting sleepy...
...but he still had one more smile for the camera!
Time to go! This was a "Tree"mendously fun day!
So ready for Halloween now!
No comments:
Post a Comment