Thursday, September 9, 2010

Silly Goose!

After Landon's first day of WEE school, we headed home for a nice, long nap. Once we were well rested, I wanted the fun to continue, so while Landon was sleeping I packed a snack for us, and also one for the animals at Diebert park!

Landon loves to go to the park. We somehow find ourselves there two or more times a week, but I always forget to bring bread for the fish, turtles, and geese...but not today! Landon had a great time playing and chasing the geese. He would hold out a piece of bread and they would come right up to him! He loved all of the attention, even if it was from a bird! Funny how a hamburger bun could make a goose turn into your best friend. Those animals followed us all over the park! After we were all out of bread we still had energy to run off, so we went up to the playground and goofed off. Landon really enjoys the slide and the swings the best! Since it was well past 3, the park was full of children that had just gotten out of school, so Landon had plenty of little friends to play with...yet I still managed to be persuaded by a little someone to swing and slide too! We ended up staying at the park for almost 2 hours! With bedtime only an hour away we headed home for dinner, bath, and bed! This was a great way to end a perfect day!


Ready to feed the geese!

Come on, I'll race you!!

Geese, Geese, everywhere!!



I wonder if they will follow me!?

Yep! Sure did!

One big happy pond!



Yummy bread! Help yourself!

What are you looking at?

Bread...going once, twice, sold!

Look Mommy, I'm a silly goose!

I'm gonna getcha!

Hey - I warned you!

As we were walking up to the playground, Landon
spotted this dinosaur with a missing head.
Here he is patting it on its head, saying "Sorwy Dino, it ok."

Peek-A-Boo!

My, what a big butterfly!

Thanks for a fun evening at the park!

No comments: