Monday, April 25, 2011

1.....2......I better not get to 3!

Oh my. I have a wild little boy on my hands. I don't know if it's the fact that I am pregnant and he's acting out, or maybe it's the new house (which I doubt, because he seems to love it, and he sleeps in most every morning! whoop whoop!), or the pretty weather, or the lack of schedule consistency lately (honestly, this one is probably it! Landon loves a routine!), but wow - he has been a handful lately. We (and when I say we, I really mean I) have tried everything! I detest spankings, but my husband is all for them, so we gave them a whirl. They work, but have a bad side effect. He thinks if someone else (like at school) does something wrong, he has the right to "spank" aka hit them. Not good. I am more of a time-out kind of person, sitting him down and explaining why he's there, but that only seems to work temporarily...plus even though he doesn't like time out, he's not afraid of it, either. So, as of this past weekend, I have started counting...1, 2, 3. Landon knows that if I get to 3, whatever he is playing with or doing will be gone...in his mind forever, but really only 24 hours, AND he has to sit in timeout for 3 minutes (which is really so I can hide the toy! but he also needs a chance to think about what just happened) He tests the limits and gives me that glare after 1, but quickly stops after 2, and I am happy to say that I have only made it to 3 once all weekend! I think that's good, since we're just testing the waters and getting used to how this all works.

This morning while I was doing laundry and dishes, he was throwing a ball around in the playroom. I could hear him, and I told him to stop throwing, but to roll it so that he wouldnt knock anything over. Well, I heard it again. I stopped what I was doing and went into the playroom and said, "Landon - do not throw the ball, lets roll the ball instead. Ok?" He said okay, and then the next thing I know he's in the kitchen, throwing the ball. I started my count down, "1....." he looked at me. "2....." then he says, "NO! Momma! Stop counting!!!!" So I told him again to stop throwing the ball...and he hasn't thrown it since! Yes folks, that's fear that I have put in my child, and I love it :) haha! Let's hope this one sticks!

On another note, we have been busy busy this weekend...and no, even though there have been new posts coming up almost daily, I have not had time to blog! ha! I did about 5 posts in a hour (nap time!) last week and I scheduled them to post so my readers would have a reason to come back :) 

I hope everyone had a blessed Easter! The Easter Bunny certainly did himself out again this year, loading Landon up with all kinds of goodies...which I forgot to take pictures of since he visited us in the bed with our PJ's on...but he brought Landon a construction set, lots of candy, a new outfit, and CHOCOLATE! :) Here are a few pictures from what we've been up to the last week or so...enjoy!

Looking at the stars through Papa's huge telescope

Playing in our new backyard!

*He pretends that his wagon is a trailer, so he has to "hook" it to the Jeep!

Flirting with Maggie Claire :)

Easter lunch with Papa & Nana

Wow! Big Belly & Swollen Face Alert!

Hunting Eggs at Miami Ice! Yum!

Landon found 17 eggs all on his own!
He won 2 prizes AND more candy!

Helping Daddy make a concrete slab for his shed

Such a hard little worker!

1 comment:

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Landon looks so sweet in his Easter outfit! :)