Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ouch...

It's that time again. The time in your pregnancy when you are always tired. Honestly, I could sleep 24/7...but unfortunately, that is not possible with a 2, soon to be 3, year old in the mix and a house that needs some serious unpacking and deep cleaning!

I feel awful. I am sore from head to toe - which isn't only because of the pregnancy. I took a little tumble the other evening - courtesy of the dog - and went down on my left knee hard and then slammed into the wall with my left shoulder. Baby is fine, but needless to say, I have some lovely bruises and lots of sore muscles to show from it, and the dog has been banished to the laundry room for the past two days. It has been oh so beautiful outside and I would love nothing more than to stretch out in my hammock with a good book and a big ole' glass of sweet tea and catch some sun, but no. I would not want to scare the neighbors so soon after moving in. ;) They are already looking at us as if Sanford and Son has moved into the neighborhood. I mean, it has been non-stop chaos since we moved in. So much traffic in and out of the place between the painters, tree trimmers, and now we have a huge backhoe sitting smack dab in the middle of the front yard (which actually serves for great entertainment for Landon all day...) and lest I forget to mention that 1/2 of our yard has been dug up and pipes sticking out of the ground. Take my word for it, it's looking real classy around here folks :)

Although we have had a lot of craziness and disappointment this last week, we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. By this time next week we will have had 9 pine trees cut down, a brand new chimney, new roof, a freshly painted den with new ceilings (and organized? maybe? OK - wishful thinking...), all new heat and air downstairs, and best of all, BRAND NEW PLUMBING!!!!! Yes! I can finally shower without flooding the downstairs! Awesome!...not to mention that my fab husband has hired a lady to come help me get this place clean when it's all finished! whoop whoop! So, there is an end in sight!

At least I have great things to look forward to! I mean, besides having accomplished so many things at our house, we are also having our baby sprinkle (you shower your first baby, and sprinkle your second one :) this weekend, and Josh, Landon, & I are taking off tomorrow to see our best friends in Tennessee!! So I get lots of baby holding time :) And Mommy bonding with Ashley! I can't wait! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: