Tuesday, April 19, 2011

God is Good!!

(Let me appologize, long rambling post with no pictures :(  I will make it up to you really soon!!)

Ok, so if I am being completely honest, I haven't exactly been the most optimistic person lately...ok, ok, since November! With that said, many of you that know me personally know that my husband and I have been bombarded by any and everything under the sun since that time! Here's a quick timeline rundown:

October 5 - we found out we were 5 weeks pregnant & we couldn't have been more thrilled!! This little miracle was planned! So, we put our house on the market and picked out a new house where we could raise our growing family.

October 17th - we got news that my Mother could no longer stay at her assisted living facility, so that left me, her Power Of Attorney, in charge of her well being...yikes.

November 1st - Josh, Landon, & I inherited a new roomy...my Mom.

November 22nd - Landon & I got pneumonia...

December 4th - my Mother was rushed to the ER with a massive GI bleed...spent 5 weeks in ICU, 16 units of blood transfused, & her entire colon removed as an attempt to save her life.

January - Mother was moved to Glenwood rehab so that she could get stronger...all the while I was trying desperately to find somewhere for her to live. During this time she somehow got the stomach flu and became very dehydrated. She was taken back to ECM for another week stay...let me add that anytime my mother was at ECM she needed round the clock sitters...AKA Me, my husband, or my brother.

Landon, Josh, & I ended up contracting her stomach flu, yuck.

January 30th - Mom moves back in with me - which was very difficult given the fact that I had to learn how to care for her new ostomy bag, she couldn't walk unassisted, couldn't bathe herself, and her Alzheimer's was 10x's worse than before her surgery...which Dr. M said it would be.

March - We sold our house, but it took the lady forever to be able to close! Ugh! My mother moved in with my brother at the end of March, and sadly, Josh's grandfather also passed away during this month.

April - the roller coaster of our Money Pit begins...and my mother stops eating and drinking, resulting in her becoming dehydrated and me rushing her to the ER. She spent a week in the hospital, and is now currently at Mitchell Hollingsworth Rehabilitation Center. (Oh, and even though there will be a blog to come about it, I spent some quality time at Helen Keller this past weekend...also very dehydrated from the stomach bug that I somehow managed to catch again!! But I'm better now!)

My brother can no longer care for Mom, and I will be popping out a baby in 5-6 weeks, so my hands are tied as well. And let's face it, she's a handful! Sheesh! So while the circus of having all of the repairs done to our house, one thing after another breaking down, my in-laws graciously letting us live with them during this time, however it means us living out of a suitcase, knowing where nothing is - which drives me bonkers (I'm a control freak) - I have also been spending my "free" time searching for a place in Tennessee for my mother to live. (I have looked everywhere in AL with no luck - since she requires ostomy care) She is not doing well in the nursing home setting, as large crowds give her major anxiety attacks. I have been fearing every day that what it would eventually come down to is me having to take her back in, which we dont want to do, but it's my Mom, not exactly like I can kick her to the curb, ya know?

Well, this morning the heavens opened up and God answered all of our prayers, literally! All in one day! He is soooo good!

-As far as our money pit goes, Hearn came and fixed our plumbing - so we can live AND shower in our new house now! WOOHOO! Our front yard looks a hot mess, but that's okay…nothing a little landscaping can't fix. The roofers came and put our new roof on today - Fastest. Roofers. Ever. Seriously, only took them 8 hours and POOF! it's done! Also, our "Fireplace Doctor" came and fixed all of our chimney issues. Other than our new HVAC, which will be installed next week, our house is FINALLY coming together! Such a relief!

-AND, the BEST news of all?!?!?!?!??!?!?! I got a call this morning from a local Assisted Living Facility that cares for Alzheimer’s patients and THEY HAVE AN OPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!! Mom has been on the waiting list since January and the timing couldn't have been any more perfect, since Mom will be released from Rehab next week, and the room wont be available until Monday of next week. The best part is that I wont have to move her to Tennessee and make that long drive every time I go visit, I can just hop in the car and take a 20 minute drive and I will be there! And I know she will be in the best of care with loving caregivers who are there for HER!

This is SERIOUSLY what I needed! I feel like a HUGE load has been lifted off of my shoulders, I just had to type a blog on it...even though most of you dont care much about my issues :) haha! Maybe we're headed down the right path now, and thanks to Baby Corinne's fabulous sprinkle from this past weekend (blog coming soon!) we can finish up her room and get everything ready for her, too!

God is so good! Happy Tuesday :)

4 comments:

Kellie Belue Jordan said...

Oh my word! I cannot imagine being in your shoes. Lisa, what an amazing life you have lived lately. I am so thrilled for you great news! What a relief for the care of your Mom! God works on his own time and it is VERY difficult to wait. I am in a waiting stage right now and it drives me BATTY! However, I have decided to quit worrying and just allow God to take the lead. Your situation has just given me the courage to do so.

Karen said...

I'm so sorry about all the difficulties you've been through lately. I'm really glad things are turning around and you have some happy news. :)

The Gists said...

I have tears of joy in my eyes for you! I am so glad your Mom is finally going to get the care you and she need!!! God is good, and we must always remember it happens in his time not ours :)

Jessica said...

Oh Lisa I am so happy for you!!! It is TRULY amazing what God can do when we have faith! I hope you can always remember this moment when you are faced with difficult situations again! ALWAYS remember Matthew 6:26 - Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? - ie God will always take care of us!!