![]() |
| No, this is not our house...this house is in better shape than our house :( |
Just to note a few bumps....
-We are already close to $1000 over budget on paint and ceiling repairs.
-Chimney inspector said entire chimney had to be replaced thanks to cracked mortar/flue and the fact that the chimney is not only a fire hazard, but a health hazard since it is covered in MOLD!...not even going to tell you how much that is to replace...
-Gas line to fireplace is rusted and cracked...must be replaced before we use the chimney via gas logs...so looks like we'll do it the old fashion, messy way until we can afford to have the gas line repaired.
-We have had 8 trees cut down...and unfortunately a little too late. Roots are growing into our water line...fab. Found that out the first night we stayed here at 1 a.m. I took a shower upstairs and ended up flooding the downstairs. Nice. So...we ended up having to cut down an additional 2 trees so that wont be an issue again since we're having the ENTIRE sewer line from our house to the main line replaced. Yeah, ouch. Nice and expensive.
-We are have a new roof put on, because this one is 17 years old and looks rough...
-We bought a new refrigerator (I really wanted a big stainless steel side by side, but no...got a white generic one to get us by so that I don't have to rip out a cabinet. Don't need any more issues to arise!) We found the original paperwork on the current fridge that is here. It was purchased in 1965. Yes, I am serious!
-Oh, and the cherry on top? I woke up Sunday morning, walked down stairs and something caught my eye. I looked up to find a lovely stain on our freshly painted ceiling. Yep, you guessed it. A leak...and not from the old roof, but the downstairs AC. :(
Things STILL on the to do list:
Have a 24X30 garage built for Josh to store his manly stuff in
New mailbox, to replace the ghetto giant one that Landon could seriously fit in.
New updated shutters...ours are ugly and rotten
New beige siding/outdoor paint...I can't take any more of the sage green. It's gotta go!
New gutters
Bathroom tiles downstairs need to be regrouted
New tankless water heater since ours is at the end of its life expectancy
New light fixtures and door knobs
Some minor electrical issues (a few reverse polarization outlets, and we are changing all of the dingy off-white outlets to bright white...but luckily, since I don't have a Dad, I do have a wonderful uncle who is an electrician and he has offered his assistance in this area, free of charge! :)
Not to mention any landscaping...
So much for having an updated kitchen any time in the next, oh 10 to 15 years.
And though this will probably shock you to death, because it kind of does me, but Josh & I still love our new house! Weird?! I guess you could say we're taking the approach that once we fix all of these things, nothing else will need to be touched for 12-15 years! (Hopefully...) I mean, it will practically be a new house! haha! Also, we're to the point that when something else does come up, we're not surprised. We just laugh...to keep from crying! I have been taking before and after photos, and once I get my desktop set up (it's much easier to upload photos on) I will post them! And if I disappear from the blog world, you know why. I have PLENTY to keep me busy :)

2 comments:
Did you have a home inspection??
Yes, actually we did! He told us about the roof, hot water heater, and downstairs AC...but that's it. Unfortunatly inspectors cant see under ground to see all of the issues about our plumbing...and though he looked in the chimney, all he said was that it was filthy and needed to be cleaned. Once it was cleaned, that's when they said there was a crack & mold. :(
Post a Comment