Wednesday, June 8, 2011

And the recovery begins...

So a c-section isn't always the most ideal situation for an expectant Mommy, but I must say, the second time around it is much, much easier! With Landon I couldn't get out of bed or even walk for 3 days, but with this c-section I was up and in the shower Saturday morning, less than 24 hrs after having Corinne! I wont lie, I am very sore, and I think that now that we are home I am in more pain than I was at the hospital, but of course I have to do more for myself at home than I did at the hospital! All I had to do at HK was push a button and nurses came running to help me!

I thought that I had every little kink worked out at home before we even left for the hospital, but funny how things change once you're home. I am not allowed to climb stairs for 6 weeks, so that means Corinne and I must live downstairs until then. Fortunately we have a guest bedroom downstairs, but I didn't realize just how difficult things would be in our guest room. We have a king size pillow top mattress on the guest bed, and of course you sink right in. Talk about pain when I try to get out of bed to get a fussy, hungry, or wet baby! And that's pretty often, as she nurses every 2.5 to 3 hours, and it takes an hour to feed her each time! So, yeah, I get no sleep! Ugh. But it is so worth it! So, the first night home  Corinne and I broke down and I slept on the couch and she slept in her swing. Don't know how long this will last - surely after a week or so of healing I will be okay to return back to the bedroom, but until then, the couch it is!

Today Corinne had a check up with her pediatrician. She lost 12 ounces in the hospital, so since she will be a breastfed baby they want to make sure she hasn't lost any more weight, and hopefully, that she is starting to gain some back. I really didn't want to do formula if I could help it - it's crazy expensive and always seemed to upset Landon's tummy - but we will do whatever is necessary to have a happy, healthy baby! I'm proud to say that Corinne's weight was back up to an 8 lbs. even, so Mommy milk it is :) Which is a good thing, because I gave her about 1/2 oz. of formula on the way to the doctor this morning (we had a crazy busy morning and I didn't get to finish nursing her...so I gave her the formula to keep her from being fussy in the car) Well, lets just say she did NOT like it. Baby girl spit every last little bit of it up! We go back in 2 weeks for our well baby check up!

On our way to the doctor!

"Really Mommy? Can't I just sleep?"

All snuggly with Daddy

BIG yawn!

Good check up! Let's celebrate
 with lunch at Sweet Basil :)


On Friday, I have my 1 week check up with Dr. A to have my staples (all 16 of them! Ouch!) removed and stitches checked. Here's hoping for a good check up for us both!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I can't wait to get my hands on that sweet girl again! I'm so sorry the recovery is a slow go, but I must admit it makes me feel a little better. Watching you bounce around the hospital room less than 24 hours after your surgery made me feel like a wimp! I'm so glad the nursing is going better.