Friday, June 24, 2011

True Story

So, last night while my boys were doing this...

Yard Demo!

The boys worked till close to 10, so since it was so dark I took another picture this morning to get Landon in action on the tractor...or the "little digger" as he calls it! :)





...Corinne and I were hanging out in a patio chair just watching the yard demo. Apparently we were not the only ones, as two sets of neighbors found their way over to our yard to question and comment on what we were doing...not to mention the numerous people that drove by, just rubbernecking! Well, anyways, one set of neighbors actually came over to offer help of any sorts, and while they were here they wanted to take a looksie at baby Corinne. Landon came running over, as he likes to "introduce" her to new people. Our neighbor, Steve, said to Landon, "You like your baby sister? You're not going to trade her in for a tractor, now are you?" and Landon responded with, "No, it's already too late."

True story. Just add this one to the pile of funny things he has said! At May's First Friday's event Josh, Landon & I had dinner at Rosie's Mexican Cantina before we browsed the little shops downtown. We were all enjoying our food, but Landon stopped eating his beans and rice to take a break. Josh looked at him and suggested that he finish his dinner so he could get a balloon. Landon corrected him and said, "Oh, I am going to eat ALL my dinner so I can have a big tummy like Mommy!" Good thing I was still pregnant then...ha!

And just one more, for a good laugh...about a week ago I was nursing Corinne while Landon was enjoying some of his own chocolate whole milk and dry cereal...he prefers them separate instead of together in a bowl...he looked at me and said, "Mommy? Corinne eating her breakfast?" I replied, "Yes sweetie, she is. Little babies drink milk from their Mommies." He looked at me again, puzzled, and said, "Is that one chocolate and that one strawberry?" I could help but laugh and say, "Well of course!" haha!

My how kids say the darnedest things! :) haha! I can only imagine the things he will come up with next!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Lisa, these are too funny!! You will have to remember these to tell Landon in the future!