So, good news after all! I went to the doctor today (Friday, June 3rd) after my preop at the hospital. I was late getting to my appointment because the nurse blew out my vein trying to get every last drop of my blood out...okay, not all of it, but seriously, she probably got like a gallon! haha! I was a little nervous because I couldn't help but think..."Uhm, if I have this baby today I will have no good veins for an IV thanks to you!" But, oh well! I'm sure there are a ton more veins in my body where they can stick me!
Once they called me back to see Dr. A I had a little bit of anxiety, since this would be the deciding factor on whether or not Corinne would be born today and also it would be my last official prenatal appointment - EVER! *tear*
Josh and Landon came with me, which I was happy about because I really wanted them to hear her heartbeat. It was 154 and low and behold, baby girl had still not engaged. However, thanks to the contractions I had the night before, I had dilated to 2cm and I had thinned to 80%!! Dr. A made a point to say that she thought that since I hadn't had consistent contractions that I could make it through the weekend, but I asked her if there was anyway we could go ahead and go it today and she said, "Sure! Let's go have a baby!" I'm sure my eyes were as big as basketballs, I couldn't believe she said yes! I turned and looked at Josh and he was grinning ear to ear! This was a very special day - not only was it the day that our daughter would be born, but also his grandmother's (who passed away a few years ago) birthday. So, even though it isn't another holiday baby, this will forever be a very special for our family.
So, here goes nothing! It's 12 noon and we are headed to Helen Keller!!!! Hope to meet our beautiful baby girl very soon! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment