Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Father's Day. Ouch!

Josh's very first Father's Day as a Daddy of 2 started off great but ended painfully...literally. Let me explain. We woke up on Sunday and Josh found his cards that we so sneakily placed next to him in the middle of the night :) Corinne and I like being sneaky at our 2 a.m. feeding :)  We spent some family time together in the playroom, loving on Daddy that morning. We then got dressed and went out for a nice lunch, then back for a nap! Yay! Funny how Josh & I both agree this is one of the best times of the day! haha!

After nap we had promised Landon we'd go swimming. Josh's parents have a pool so after the boys put on their swim trunks we headed that way. The water was cool, but Landon didn't hesitate to jump in. Corinne & I watched the boys play in the pool from the shaded steps. Landon had been asking to go down the slide, so Josh soaked it and they climbed to the tip top. Landon recently lost 1 of his ear tubes, so I didn't want him to go completely under the water, as he currently has a hole in 1 ear. This was going to be tricky, but Josh thought he had it covered. Well, we thought wrong. Josh grabbed tightly to the fiberglass slide as he approached the bottom of it, and yes, sliced open his hand. It was bad. Really bad. I think he needed stitches, but he is ridiculously stubborn and refused. He cut all 4 fingers at the knuckle, but hey, at least it was his right hand! (He is left handed) It's still really sore, 3 days later, and he still has it all wrapped up. I just hope it heals okay!

Water is a little chilly...

Not tall enough to touch in the shallow end yet!



Hi! I'm swimming!



Ouch...


Tough guy, but I know it HURTS!!

Wounded...


I know it wasn't ideal, but I hope you had a good Father's Day!!! Either way, your wifey and 2 kids love you! You are our rock and we couldn't live without you!! WE LOVE YOU, DADDY! :)

No comments: