So, picking up from my last post, since my doctors office is in Florence and the hospital where I wanted to have the baby was in Sheffield we didn't get to the hospital until 12:30 pm. I would be lying if I said it really took us that long to get there, (it should have taken 15 at the most) but I figured I had plenty of time so we stopped on the way to get Landon some milk and snacks for the hospital. I can't leave out my 1st baby :)
We rolled up at the hospital at 12:30, I went on it since I had already been admitted that morning, and literally (I swear I am not exaggerating!) Josh, Landon & I walked onto Labor & Delivery, room 286, and 3 nurses followed us in. 1 had paperwork, 1 had my hospital gown, and the other had needles. I turned to them, smiled, and said hello. Their response? "Hi, go ahead and get undressed. Put on this gown, we have to get your IV in and sign these forms, Dr. A wants you in surgery in 30 minutes. HOLY MOLY. What?!?! 30 minutes?!?!?!?!?! The whirlwind begins! Josh had just gotten off of the phone with his parents, telling them it would be an hour to an hour and a half before we'd go back, so they had plenty of time to get there (because that's what my original paperwork for my Monday scheduled c-section said). I think even Landon was surprised because he pooped his pants :) haha. So while Josh changed him the nurses got me ready to go. They put the monitors on my belly and to my surprise I was actually in labor! My contractions were 4 minutes apart, and just like before, I didn't feel the first one! 1 small problem though - what were we going to do with Landon? He couldn't come back there with us for obvious reasons, and everything happened so fast that no family was there to help out. So, Josh called his Aunt Karen who lives about 10 minutes away. The nurses had a "buffet" as they called it of ice cream and Popsicles to keep him occupied until Karen arrived. I jumped into the wheel chair and after a big hug and kiss from my sweet Landon we were off! *Karen must have rushed there, because as they wheeled me into the c-section room she was walking up the hall! Just in the nick of time! :)
Excited to meet his baby sister!!
Rush, rush, rush!
Our last picture as a family of 3
They sent Josh into a room to scrub out and they wheeled me back from my spinal block. I wasn't nervous because my previous epidural was a breeze - felt like a little bee sting. Fortunately the spinal was just the same. It really didn't even sting, just got really cold when the medicine went it. It's amazing how quickly you go numb! I felt soooo heavy, but I didn't even care. They brought Josh in just as they started the incision. He looked so cute in his scrubs :)
Josh's little cubby hole where he got ready!
One thing to note - any time I am on medication I talk out of my head. Those poor doctors and nurses were probably so sick of hearing my voice by the time it was all over! But I kept them laughing :) and that's what mattered to me! I don't get nervous if I am laughing. AND let me also say that I had quite possibly the best anesthesiologist ever. Seriously, this woman was so thorough! She stayed right at my head the entire time, making sure I felt nothing and that I knew just what was happening.
Corinne was born at 1:47 pm. She weighed 8 lbs and 7 oz. and was 19.75 inches long. She had a head full of brown hair and big beautiful blue eyes! :) We are very blessed!
Nice & Numb!
Welcome, Corinne!
Watching my baby girl!
Brand New Baby
Perfect check up from the Pediatrician
Everything about this c-section was like night and day compared to Landon's. For instance, I was awake during this one, where as with Landon I was drifting in and out of consciousness because of the medication I was on. With Landon Josh didn't see anything, he stayed seated the entire time because it was considered an emergency, but this time he was able to watch Corinne be lifted from my stomach. He even got to cut the umbilical cord! And the best thing of all - this time we heard "the cry." That loud, high pitched scream that lets you know all is fine with baby. Landon wasn't breathing when he was born and had to be rushed to the nursery, so of course hearing that sweet cry calmed every nerve I could have possibly had. Corinne's Apgar score was 9 both times, so that set me at ease, too! And, to put the cherry on top, i got to watch everything dealing with the baby! The nurse pulled the drape to the side and I was able to watch them clean baby girl up and get her ready for her first kiss from Mommy.
Getting some love from Mommy :)
Our newest addition :)
Even the recovery has been much better this go around, but that's another post :)
Corinne with her baby nurse, Christy.
Corinne's first sponge bath!
Waiting patiently to meet baby sister
Squeaky Clean Corinne!
Filled with joy and excitement
Landon's in love with Corinne!
Me & My Babies - I am one happy Mommy!
Opening gifts from baby sister...
Corinne was very generous in her gift giving!!
Landon loves his baby sister!
It just doesn't get much better than this :)



No comments:
Post a Comment