Thursday, July 8, 2010

Birthday Weekend - Friends' Party

As I had mentioned in this post, Landon insisted that his birthday party be Tractor themed this year. Of course this was only fitting since he is obsessed with them!! I was a little nervous about being able to find decorations, invitations, favors, etc. but I think it all came together pretty well! For his birthday I wanted certain elements to his party to be homemade by Mommy :) One of my friends, Karen, had posted this adorable homemade banner idea, so I knew that I had to create this for Landon's party! Unfortunately silly me used dark stationary, so I had to go back over every single letter with a Sharpie, but I think it was worth it! I also made homemade Tractor suckers for favors and Tractor flags for his cupcakes. These were all easy homemade items, and the best part was that they were very inexpensive!! I was impressed with myself! Go me! :)


{Homemade Happy 2nd Birthday Landon Banner}

{Yummy cupcakes topped with Tractor flags}

{Homemade Tractor Sucker Favors}

On Saturday, July 3rd Landon had his friends’ party at our house. Joshua & I have been so incredibly blessed to have wonderful friends, and lucky for Landon, most all of our friends are adding to their families! So that means new little friends for Landon!! :) This party was great! Landon really enjoyed himself, and Mommy & Daddy did too! We all feasted on BBQ, beans, and chips, and while Landon enjoyed his birthday cake, we joined him with cupcakes and homemade vanilla ice cream. Yum! After we were all stuffed we went inside so that Landon could open his presents. I must admit - it was a slow go! He was so excited with every gift; he would raise those sweet eyebrows, drop his jaw, and gasp in ah as he opened them. Once the gift was open, he had to take it to my friend, Jessica, to get her approval and try his desperate attempt to convince her to open it! haha! It was super cute! After each gift we had to remind him that there were more - and the excitement continued! Thanks to our great friends for showering our little guy with great gifts!

{Mommy & the Birthday Boy!}




{A few of Landon's Guests}

{Enjoying some yummy BBQ}

{seconds, anyone?!}

{I like it when you sing to me :) }

{What is this? A trick candle? Daddy help me!}

 {Yummy!}

{Anyone want a bite?}

 {Mommy admiring her Birthday Boy}

 {Mommy, did you want any cake with your icing?!}

{Look! My tractor likes the icing, too!}

{I heart my new toys!!}

{What do you think about this gift, Mrs. Jessica?}

{Landon's new backhoe loader from the Martin's. You may not can tell, but his jaw is practically on the floor! He LOVES it!}

{Lots & Lots of fun!!}

{The perfect hug to end a perfect day!}


1 comment:

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

The party was a hit!! We had lots of fun, and you did great on all your decorations!