Friday, July 30, 2010

Wee Swap Bargains!!

Oh. My. Goodness.

I honestly can not believe how much money I just saved. Isn't that just the best feeling? Ever?!? This weekend and next week our town is having this HUGE consignment sale for kids clothes, toys, baby furniture, car seats, etc. called Wee Swap. Now, let me preface this post with a small tid-bit of info. I am not a huge fan of buying "used" clothing. I don't mind hand-me-downs from friends and family that I know, but since 1- Momma is on a budget, and 2-Landon grows so stinkin' fast I can't keep him in clothes, I felt as if Wee Swap was definitely on the "To Do" list so that I could get some good deals for Fall and Winter clothes.

So, my good friend, Lisa A., consigned some clothes and did not want her consignor's pass to shop this evening, so lucky me, I got it! Back in April, during the spring sale, I went to Wee Swap, but I didn't get to go until it was open to the public and only found 2 or 3 cute John-John's. Well tonight, by having the consignor's pass, I RACKED UP! I must say we were all packed in there like sardines, but the prices were unbelievable! The very first item that I found is by far my favorite. It is this adorable red Kelly's Kids Longall with a tractor on it that oddly enough is in the catalog right now for $54! I paid a whopping $8!!! It looks brand new. I also bought Landon some blue jeans and khakis (which still had the original tags on them...), 4 sweaters, his Thanksgiving outfit, 2 Castles & Crowns outfits, some "tractor" apparel (obviously a must for the little man), a jacket, 2 toboggans, and I even found Landon a cute Halloween Costume! OH! And I can't forgot this massive bag of balls...sounds weird I know, but it was the first and only thing Landon wanted to play with when I got home! haha! And would you believe I kept my total under 3 digits?! Yes folks, yes! I am very proud of myself! It didn't take me too long to shop. I was a woman on a mission. What took the most time was waiting in line!!! I waited for 45 minutes just to get up to the checkout. Looking back on it now, I am so glad I went! I can't wait for the Purple Monkey Consignment Boutique to come to town!! They have super cute items, too!! Woohoo for bargains!

{Just a few of the goodies!}


{Yes, I really bought this. Landon LOVES it!}


{The big "Bag of Balls"}


{My absolute favorite!!!}

1 comment:

martha said...

Lisa, All these clothes are so cute. They will look so sweet on Landon.You really racked-up. Wow!