Thursday, July 8, 2010

Birthday Weekend - Landon's BIG Surprise!

Some people think that I tend to go overboard (and yes, sometimes I do...) with sentimental things, but for Landon's BIG birthday surprise, I wanted to give it to him at the exact time that he was born: 7:56 a.m. Now, had he been born at 2 a.m. I would not have been so persistent, but since my child is up every morning with the sun, I knew we'd be awake anyways! (And if you didn't notice, I posted "Two Perfect Years" at 7:56 a.m. as well :)

{Putting Landon's surprise together with my pink toolkit}

My niece, Elyssa, and I spent about 45 minutes putting this BIG surprise together and I just knew Landon would LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I was right! After breakfast Josh & Landon went outside to get the paper. While they were outside I went into our garage and opened the garage door so that on their way back up the driveway Landon would see his surprise. As soon as Landon laid his eyes on it he said "JEEP!!" He walked up next to it, newspaper in hand, and just starred. After we gave him the O.K. to get ahead and jump in, he wasted no time. I walked over to help him, since this was his first time to ever be in a large power wheels toy. I explained to him how the steering wheel worked, where the peddle was, and most importantly, how to put on his seat belt! This Jeep will boogie so it's important that he wear his seat belt! Seriously - we took a cruise down to his friend, Hudson's, house and I was literally jogging next to him! It has 2 speeds (2.5 mph & 5 mph) and also reverse. It has taken some time for Landon to figure out the steering wheel, and by no means has he mastered it, but he is doing much better! The first spin around the yard he almost took off his side mirror with a tree. Wednesday evening Josh & took Landon out to his great-granddad’s land to let him practice, and he now can move the wheel to where he wants to go. Practice makes perfect! He may be jerky with the wheel, but he definitely has a lead foot like his Momma :)

{SURPRISE! A blue Jeep Rubicon!}

{Jeep! Blue!}

{Wheeeee, this is fun!!}

{Taking it for a spin}

{Oops...near death experience with a tree!}

{Lead foot...}

{Fiddling with the radio...he gets it honest}

{Personalized license plate}

{I need a passenger! Let's go see if Hudson is home!!}

{It's a Jeep Thing...}

{Safety First!}

 
{Landon's littlest passenger - Baby Hudson}

{Hudson likes the new Jeep!}

{Mommy, move your car. I need to park my Jeep in the garage!}

1 comment:

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Love the jeep pics!! I'm laughing about Hudson's big grin, sitting in Landon's jeep with his arm across the back of the seat. Ha! Thanks Landon for driving down to visit us!