Sunday, July 4, 2010

Two Perfect Years...


{I know this is not the clearest picture - it was taken with my old phone. However, to me this is the BEST picture, because it was the 1st time I was able to hold MY baby}

{One proud Daddy}

Two years ago today was one of the best days of my life. It was the day I became a Mommy. Not only a Mommy, but a Mommy to the most sensitive, compassionate, beautiful, funny child I have ever known! I remember the moment he was born, when the pediatrician told us how big he was. I knew that there would be big things in store for him in his life! I wanted so badly to hold him, but due to my C-section I could not. It was mind-boggling that he was mine, MY baby! I couldn't believe it was real--how could the Lord honestly think I was capable to raising such a perfect little child! In all reality, in the past 2 years he has done a better job raising me! Today will be a slightly bittersweet day for me because I love watching Landon grow up and learn new things, but with everyday he seems to need me less and less. I cant believe how fast time goes!


A few things about Landon-
*He LOVES tractors, a love that he shares with his Daddy. In fact, his birthday is tractor themed! He won - I lost. I wanted to have a fireworks theme since he was born on the 4th of July.
*He is very sensitive. He is very aware of how people are feeling and recognizes when people are sad or hurt and has a great desire to make them happy.
*He is gentle...most of the time (no promises when he's playing ball with you, haha) ;) It has always been his nature to be soft and gentle with people, particularly with other children. He really likes to hug. :)
*He really enjoys talking. Though sometimes he needs me as his interpreter, we can have complete conversations...usually about his tractors!
*He LOVES learning. He is always bringing me books and asking me to sing songs.
*He knows all of his colors. He also can count to10, but prefers to start with 2 and stop at 9.
*He loves the bathtub, anything outdoors, sweeping, playing in the sink, and helping me do laundry. (lucky me).
*He is off of the charts for height and weight. He has always been a big kid. He is built like a brick. We are hoping that will pay off in football. :)

Like any mom, I could go on forever talking about my child. I guess that is the way its suppose to be! We are so happy and proud to be Landon's parents and we love him so much. It just keeps getting better and better!

{Mommy & Landon - 2 weeks old}

{Landon - 1 month}

{1st Big Laugh - 6 weeks old}

{1st Beach Trip - 2 months old}

{3 months}

{Little Tiger's 1st Halloween - almost 4 months old}

{1st Christmas - 5 months old}

{6 months}

{1st Bath in the Big Bathtub - 8 months}

{9 months}

{12 months}

{Happy 1st Birthday!}

 
{Little Monkey's 2nd Halloween
 - almost 16 months}

{2nd Christmas - 17 months old}

{18 months}

{Gorgeous Curls - 20 months}

{2 Years Old}


Happy Birthday Landon!!!

No comments: