Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Landon's 2 Year Check-Up

Last Friday Landon and I headed to the pediatrician's office for his 2 year check up. I was excited to see what all the doc had to say about my baby...I mean big boy! I am one of those super specific people that can't help but to analyze every little detail about Landon's growth and development, and I was just sure he was right on track! If you know me, then you know that I read every journal article, website, book, you name it, dealing with babies, toddlers, etc. I try to make sure Landon is learning what he should be at this age, like his colors, numbers, etc.

{Reading "Four Wheeler" magazine in the lobby}

When the doctor came into the room, Landon was so excited to see her! He waved and smiled as usual, and was very willing to do just about anything she asked, except for opening his mouth so that she could look at his throat. We had to coax him into it by pretending there was a Turtle in his mouth that "Doctor Heidi" (as Landon refers to her) needed to check on. She said that as far as development, his cognitive skills were great. He is talking in 2 word sentences and can say just about anything he wants...and believe me, if you don't understand him, he will repeat it or find some way for you to understand!!! :) She also noted that he is a very lovable and affectionate child, and will probably break a lot of hearts one day with that adorable face :) As far as his growth,  he is off of the charts - but we hear that a lot! She said that at 2 years of age a parent should be able to double their child's height and that will tell them how tall he/she will be as an adult. Well, at his 2 year check up Landon was 38 inches tall, or 3 foot 2....which means that as an adult he should be 6 foot 4!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY MOLY! We have no idea where he gets this height. It must span somewhere back in my family tree, and since I am adopted, we will probably never know. That is just unreal to think that my child will be that tall. So, obviously with his height he is at 100% on the growth chart, and with weight he is over 100% (he currently weighs 37 pounds). The doctor said that not only will be tall, but he will probably have a broad, muscular build to him. OK coaches, go ahead and start recruiting ;)


{Big Boy's 2 Year Check Up}

I was hoping that Landon was not going to need any shots at this appointment, but unfortunately my little fella was due for 1. I forgot to give him Tylenol before we left so I was afraid that he would be very cranky and run a fever, but fortunately he did not this time! He only cried for about 5 seconds and then was more curious about the Snoopy band-aid that the nurse put on his chubby little thigh than how badly that needle hurt. I can't believe how quickly these past two years have passed us by. I am just trying to soak up every little moment with Landon. And though some days I don't know if I will have any hair left at the end of the day, I must admit that this age, though trying at times, is really fun! It's nice having someone to play with and talk to, not at! haha!

No comments: