I may quite possibly be the only person who thinks this story is funny, but I do nevertheless! I haven't discussed my morning sickness to the full extent because if you have ever been pregnant, chances are you yourself have experienced that wonderful 1st trimester, and sometimes on into the 2nd trimester, of morning sickness. Which, by the way, why do we call it "morning sickness?" Not with either pregnancy has my "morning sickness" only been limited to the morning hours. With Landon I got sick every morning at 7 & 9 a.m., and also at 7 p.m. With this baby I would get sick at 2 p.m. and pretty much the "yuckies" would stay until I went to bed, Zofran or not. Well once Landon & I got pneumonia a few weeks ago I thought I was so lucky that I was out of my 1st trimester and the sickness had stopped! Woohoo! We survived the pneumonia, and then the whole ordeal with my Mom came up. Still, no signs of morning sickness. I thought I was in the clear. Well buddy, did I ever think wrong!
Last Thursday my morning sickness came back with vengence!!!! I woke up one morning, went to the kitchen, and immediatly went running for the bathroom. Then on Friday, nothing. Was it just a fluke? Did I just have a nervous stomach on Thursday because of dealing with everything for my Mom? I hoped...but no. On Saturday it was official - the morning sickness had returned. This time it has been hitting me nice and early, right at 8 a.m. If I fail to take my Zofran quick enough, I could spend up to an hour running to and from the bathroom. Maybe that's why the doc said I had only gained 5 pounds...(though looking in the mirror, you'd think I've gained 25). *Oh, and on a side note, please don't mock me for sporting sweatshirts at all times, or for not wearing a lick of make-up - yes, even in public. When I feel sick, I care more about being comfy, not cute :)
Well this morning my sweet little Landon came running into the bedroom and said, "Mommy, dinner is ready!" Of course he meant breakfast, but every meal is "dinner" to him. I got up without hesitation, walked into the kitchen, and no sooner did I turn the corner and look at my husband when, Uh oh! It hit me! I immediatly started gagging and ran down the hall to the bathroom. I didn't hear what was said, but when I felt well enough to return to the kitchen, my husband was still laughing. He said, "When you got sick and ran out, Landon said "Mommy said BLAH (the noise you make when you start to gag)" over and over again. For whatever reason it was just so funny. Landon was so proud of himself. Is it sad that my child is only 2 and fully understands what morning sickness is? ha! He has even been know to come check on me while I hug the commode. Since we found his little saying humorous, he continued to do it. Then, out of no where as we were eating breakfast Landon looked up with his sweet little face and said, "Uh, I pooted. I stinky" Really? I mean, normally this isn't the stuff you share with others. At least we all have strong stomachs...okay, maybe not me right now...but at least I have a good sense of humor! Silly Boys! What a way to start off the day. haha!
1 comment:
Haha! yeah, clark tells us all the time now that his stomach hurts and that certain foods will make him sick(so he won't eat them..)Too much listening to mommy!
Post a Comment