Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Like Night & Day


Since we decided to come out and tell everyone that we were pregnant earlier than last time (we waited until we were out of our 1st trimester last time), naturally I have had more people asking about how this pregnancy is going. Well...let me tell you!

This pregnancy is like night and day compared to my pregnancy with Landon. How so? Well, for starters I was super sick with Landon, multiple times a day, and with this baby I haven't really had super nasty nausea, rather just sickness that comes and goes. Although, on the days that I do get sick, I seem to keep the yuckies all day. :-/ Let's just hope this pregnancy doesn't keep the sickness around until the end of month 4 like it did with Landon! (Come on baby, clock is a tickin'! Momma's already 16 weeks!)

Other differences:
2) Growing Belly: As I have mentioned before, I am getting bigger quicker. With my 1st pregnancy I didn't start showing until month 4 (probably because I was so sick!), but with this one, WOWZERS, I am already in maternity pants. I can't tell you how many times a day people say, "Wow, look at your belly." Thanks? I think... Fortunately so far it's all in my belly, and not all over the place like with Landon! Maybe I wont gain 58 pounds with this one, either...yikes! (Just FYI-I do have belly pics, just not on my computer yet. When I get time I will post!)

3) Migraines:  I am prone to having migraines. I am allergic to aged foods like sharp cheddar cheese, dark chocolate, red wine, and also nuts....they really bring on the migraines. If you think a headache is a migraine, well You. Are. Wrong. Migraines put you to bed...literally! You can't see because your vision goes blurry, anything above a whisper sounds like screaming, and most of the time you end up hugging the toilet before it's all over with. Though I have medicine that I can take, I can't take it until I am in my 3rd trimester. I must admit that when we found out we were pregnant, I was thrilled because during my entire pregnancy with Landon, I only had 2 or 3 migraines the entire time, PLUS I was able to eat peanut butter and sharp cheddar cheese without any issues! I just knew it would be the same with this pregnancy. Nope. I have 2 to 3 migraines a week with this one :( I asked the doctor about it today, and got this response: Take Tylenol! If it gets really bad she can prescribe me a muscle relaxer to help...guess we will wait and see.

4) I am soooo sleepy:  On top of the headaches and nausea, which already make me crave heading straight for the bed, I am ALWAYS sooooo sleepy! I know that compared to most people that are pregnant I have a few extra stressors on me with us having pneumonia, Mom in the ICU (which I am glad to say that she has FINALLY been moved to a regular room...but now we must sit with her 24 hrs a day), and a broken nose on the mend, but even without that, I could stay in bed all day. I am so lucky to have a wonderful husband who gets up with Landon every morning and lets me sleep in until he heads to work, and I have also been enjoying our extra long 2 hour naps that Landon & I take daily! If I miss it because of a hospital run, doctors appointment, etc. I am super bummed! And I usually can't make it to bedtime without crashing on the couch. I am so glad Landon loves to cuddle in the bed and watch movies with me!

5) Crazy Cravings: Other than fruit and cheese dip, I can't remember having any strange or intense cravings with Landon. But, with this one, I can not get enough of Chili! And not just any chili, but Wendy's chili!!! Sound strange? I think it is! I felt bad for going through the drive thru so often that I made a pot full of Chili at home, but I just couldn't stomach it! It HAD to be Chili from Wendy's. Whatever! I love eating Pasta, too! Yet, this one isn't so new, as I loved eating pasta before I was pregnant!

I also can't get enough sweet tea! Ugh! This is truly my weakness. You will be happy to know that it is decaf, and I still try and keep it to 2 cups a day. I want to stay on water as much as possible so that baby doesn't pop out on a sugar high! :)

7) Oh, and I can't forget that this time I am super hormonal. Seriously. I can cry on command. And I have been known to get very high strung and "bitchy" with my husband, which is normally not like me. I think the rudest thing I said to him while pregnant with Landon was when I was pushing. He wasn't giving me ice fast enough and I told him to hurry up, in a not so nice voice...which I don't think is that mean compared to how my friends have acted during labor! haha!

So, do all of these differences mean that this baby will be a girl? There are some likeness's too...like the heartbeat! This baby's heartbeat is right there with Landon's (which was high). Landon's heartbeat was always in the 160's, and so far this baby's is too. From what I've heard that's a better predictor than all of the other signs. I know I have said it a thousand times, but I think it's a boy. Josh and Landon say girl. What do you think?

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm going for a boy because how cute to have two little curly haired blonde boys running around! Although a curly haired little blonde girl is not too shabby either!!!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

I think it's a boy! ;)

The Gists said...

I say Girl!