So once Landon was down for nap I headed straight for the kitchen. I whipped up my famous Chicken & Dressing recipe that I have perfected over the last 4 years, Paula Deen's Green Bean Casserole, Homemade Mac & Cheese (extra creamy and made with GIANT elbow noodles), brown gravy, and last, but certainly not least, I opened a can of jellied cranberry sauce. I have made homemade cranberries before - sorry, just not worth the trouble!...other than the wonderful smell it leaves in your home! Can you believe it only took me 2 hrs to get everything complete?!? I was amazed! We loaded up and headed straight over to my brothers. Of course we were the last ones to arrive, since we had a nap to attend to, but everyone was patiently waiting on Josh's famous sausage balls (that he made the night before) to arrive. They were spicy and delicious! Once we were all settled we said the blessing and dug in! My sis-in-law made a ham and some mashed potatoes to go with our Christmas lunch spread. And for dessert, my pink and blue cupcakes since we hadn't told my family what baby Newbern was yet, and then I also brought a Cherry Cheesecake. Another family member brought a pumpkin pie, so we were set!
My family has just as many kiddo's as Josh's, but only 4 (including Landon) live in Alabama, so there aren't as many children for him to play with. Although, my brother has tons of animals, so that suits Landon just fine. Between his 3 cousins, 4 dogs, and 2 cats he was easily entertained the entire time.
After all was said and done, I'm so glad that I pitched my little hissy fit about our Christmas lunch! It was absolutely delightful, and I can't help but admit that all of the compliments on the food and the guys packing up doggie bags to take home for later made me feel wonderful! Maybe, just maybe, if we ever sell our house and move to a bigger place I will host Christmas at our house next year!!
Landon & his new friend, Dolly
Alexander, Susan, & Miranda
Getting some love from Dolly! Landon wanted to bring her home with us soooo badly! And my brother seriously wanted us to take her! haha!
Didn't waste time on making it pretty, but it sure was YUMMY!
Merry Christmas!
Mike & Kristy
Janet & Ron
So, we kind of rigged the cupcakes at my families house...
Again, more people thought it would be a boy...
But Miranda found the baby girl!
Landon preferred a blue cupcake :)
Time for presents!!
A new, 4T, Auburn jersey!
Playdough Playset!
Hot Wheels Racer!
My brother and his puppies.
L to R: Sadie, Annie, and Max
His cats, Sam & Layla, were hiding (smart cats...)
and Dolly was curled up next to Landon :)





No comments:
Post a Comment