Today I had a super busy day! First off - a sweet little girl was turning one, and we couldn't miss her party! Landon had a good time running around with all of the little kiddo's.
Mmmm! Reese loved her cake!
Winter ONEderland Party
She liked her presents, too!
Someone was not happy that he couldn't have more cupcakes!
We got back home, ate lunch, and then down for a nap. Then at 2 I had a baby shower to attend for one of my friends, and since I am currently in the baby mood, I didn't want to miss it...even though that bed Landon was sleeping in looked really, really good! :)
Once I got back home things were pretty much like any normal Saturday afternoon. Josh, Landon & I had a few errands to run, but quickly returned home in time for dinner and snuggling on the couch while watching the Chipmunks: The Squeakwal. Landon thinks the Chipmunks are awesome! So after a long day, which wasn't even close to being over, I thought that movie would give us a good break - and a good excuse to cuddle! :) Well, about an hour or so into the movie, around 7 o'clock, Landon was gearing up. For some reason he gets hyper right before bed - which is our way (even though very odd) of knowing when he is actually getting tired. He was jumping on the couch, and accidentally fell onto my stomach. I saw it coming, so I was able to guard myself so that no harm could be done, but he did get a talking to. He calmed down and return to his seat, which was directly in front of me. Rather than gently leaning back, he kind of threw himself back and POP! - got me right in the nose! :( The word 'ouch' would be very appropriate right about now. I said a few choice words, moved him, and ran to the bathroom. I just knew it was broken. Never really saw much blood, but about 6 years ago this same thing happened (I jumped on Josh's back and he threw his head back) and my nose didn't bleed then, either. Since this has happened before I knew that they would do an xray and give me pain meds - 2 things I can't do because I am pregnant. I was about to leave to head to see my Mom in the ICU, so after talking it over with Josh, I just decided I would have one of those nurses take a look.
They pretty much told me what I already knew. Yes, it was probably broken because it was really red and swollen. I told her my pain on a scale of 1-10 was about an 8...and this was an hour after taking my Tylenol at home. Xray's are no good when you're pregnant, and the only thing I can have is extra strength Tylenol - so no pain meds for me. Soooo glad I didn't waste a co pay in the ER! The nurse did say that it will more than likely bruise once the swelling goes down, and that I should tape it just in case I bump it in the night. It will be tender for a few days. Again, this I already knew.
While I was talking to the nurse, my Mom got sick and started vomiting :( This is not good. There was blood, but not a lot. They still say she is on the road...a long road...to recovery, and that all of this is normal. Her heart rate and blood pressure are back to normal (they was very, very high - a big cause for concern). Even with everything she is having to go through, she is still in good spirits. As ICU visiting hours were coming to an end, I gave my Mom a kiss on the forehead and tucked her in. I walked out to my usual parking spot to find this:
Jerk...
Really? Is it THAT necessary to park so stinkin' close to me? Geez! I could have squeezed through there, but there's no way I could have opened the door! And what if I was 8 months pregnant?! Talk about squeezing a watermelon through a lemon hole! Had I been in our car, I might have taught them a lesson, but since I was in our SUV that I love so much I had no choice but to climb through the passenger side to get in my seat. I backed up and got out just to make sure they didn't hit me. They didn't - or that would have been another can of worms! ha! But as I got back in the car the mixed CD that I was listening to changed songs and this is what came on: "I just wanna be okay" by Ingrid Michaelson. I couldn't help but laugh!
Coincidence? I think not ;) On to bigger and better things tomorrow!! Goodnight!

1 comment:
Lisa. I cannot believe the bad luck you are having lately! Bless your heart!! I also cannot believe you have broken your nose twice!! Here's the good news...you definitely can't tell it! ;)
Landon looks so cute in that picture of him at Reese's party! AND Reese's party looks so cute! I'm so sad we didn't get to make it! Darn all these sicknesses!
Post a Comment