Thursday, December 23, 2010

There's A Baby In Mommy's Tummy!

Tuesday, December 21st was my 16 week check up. Normally at this check up they just use the doppler to find the heart beat, weigh (booo) and measure you, and see if you are having any complications. However, at my previous appointment I kinda-sorta begged the doctor to go ahead and let me have an early ultrasound :) I told her it would be soooooo wonderful if I could find out what baby is before Christmas, ya know, cut down on the whole phone tree ordeal since the fam always gets together during the holidays! To my surprise she agreed! Woohoo!

I would have picked THE busiest day of the entire week to have my ultrasound, as Josh, Landon & I had to wait 2 hours just to see the doctor. Thank goodness for hand-i-snacks and gummy bears or Landon would have NEVER made it! Bless him! As usual he loved hearing the heartbeat. That is by far his favorite part. I brought my video camera so I could catch everything on video, but the room was so dark that it turned out terrible. Oh well!

We did indeed find out what baby is...but we are waiting until Christmas morning to tell everyone! I plan to have my camera ready when the beans are spilled, so be looking for that upcoming post! :) We will go back at the end of January for my 20 week appointment, where I get to have ANOTHER ultrasound! Yay! That's when they will do a screening to make sure all is well with baby, specifically that all of the organs are developing as they should be. From what the doctor could see, she said that baby looks perfectly healthy so far! Such a relief! At this appointment the baby's heartbeat was a little lower than before at 154 bpm. Here are a few pictures from our visit, and a few ultrasound pics, too.

Landon & Daddy waiting patiently...

Such a proud big brother!!

Mommy & her big guy!

Baby Newbern's Face

Baby Newbern's Skeleton



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

WHAT!?! You know & you didn't tell me yesterday?!! Aw I'm sooo excited for you! Can you give me a hint? just a little one!? Pllllleeeeaaaase!