We always start our Christmas festivities on Christmas Eve. That's when Josh's Mom's family gets together for their holiday celebration at PawPaw's house in Tuscumbia. Rather than doing the traditional feast, they decided to just to finger foods and desserts. For dessert, I made pink and blue cupcakes that on the platter cover read, "DO NOT OPEN UNLESS TOLD TO DO SO!" Why? Because there was a special surprise in there! In one of the cupcakes was a little plastic baby - which given the fact that there are tons of kids in Josh's family, I just knew if they were not prepared, they would choke - or break a tooth - on the baby! Plus, I didn't want prying minds - and hands - to dig through the cupcakes to find out our little secret! For Josh & I had told no one what baby Newbern was at this point, so whomever found the baby in the cupcake was the person who got the spill the beans! Josh's Dad ended up picking the correct pink cupcake - which I swear was not rigged...in fact I had forgotten which one is was in since the cupcakes had been moved around! It seemed as though everyone expected baby Newbern to be a boy, but surprise! PINK!
After our bellies were full it was time for gifts. This year Landon was all about the presents! He was definitely being Santa's little helper by distributing all of the gifts to the family members. Unfortunately if the gift was in a gift bag instead of wrapped, the recipient got only the gift. No bag or tissue paper, as Landon pre-opened it for them ;)
After we decided to call it a night at PawPaw house, we headed over to Josh's parents house to open all of those gifts - and WOW! We left with a car load! So many in fact they are still sitting in our spare bedroom waiting to be organized and put away. It was too much to handle in an hours time before bed! Landon made out like a bandit, leaving with many of his "Christmas Must Have" items :) Nana & Papa know how to do it up big for the little guy! Of course at their house Landon continued his tradition of opening all of the presents for everyone! That's okay - hearing all of the "ohhhh's" and "aaahhhh's" tickle me as much as opening them does for Landon!
Landon's thinking face...
"I'm King Of The World!"
Monkey See, Monkey Do.
Baby Surprise Cupcakes!...which had apparently been tampered with already...I see a blue one is missing Martha Newbern...
Most people decided to stick a finger in their cupcakes first, just to see if there was anything in it!
Papa found the baby!
Santa's Little Helper
"Here Ben, this is for you!"
"Papa, this one is HeAvY!"
"WHAT?"
Showing Nana & Papa his new truck (which they bought him)
Landon & Cousin Cody...and the new awesome blue car ball pit that Cody got for Landon!
Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without a wrapping paper fight! (Don't really know why Landon wanted to be in the middle?!)
Brooke, Landon, & Pawpaw
Nana got Landon with a paper ball!
It's time for payback, Nana! Right in the kisser!
Pawpaw & his Great-Grandkids!
I LOVE CHRISTMAS!
Here Papa, let me help you...
Supermarket Set!!
Oooohhhhhhhhh Fudge!
(Gerald has a small obsession with the Christmas Story)
Favorite toy of the night: Well, his truck & trailer, of course! Close 2nd - his supermarket set! However, once the Lincoln Logs are opened, we will be running a really tight race for all 3 :)










1 comment:
Looks like little Landon had the best Christmas! I am so happy for your family...and I love the idea of the baby in the cupcake. Such a great SURPRISE!
Post a Comment