Monday, December 20, 2010

Oh how we love the lights!

Landon absolutely adores Christmas tree's, Christmas lights, Santa Claus...pretty much anything to do with Christmas! His first Christmas he enjoyed staring at the lights, but preferred wrapping paper the most. Last year he was really into the ornaments and Santa Claus. This year has opened up a new chapter for him. It's like he gets it - he gets what it's all about - which makes it that much more exciting for Josh & I!

For years now (7 to be exact) Josh and I have driven out to a nearby town known as Spring Valley to see a huge display of lights. The house is known as the Wright's Farm, and to say that these folks go "all out" would not even touch it! Now I said that Josh and I have driven out each year to see the lights, but even before there was a "Josh & I" my parents used to take me out to see the lights when I was little, so this has been around for 20 years+. So the story goes, the family that lives there has a daughter that is blind, but she can see the glow of the lights. So, one year, they decided that since she is able to see the lights, they would make a spectacular display to make Christmas extra special for her. Of course I am speaking for myself, but I am really glad that they did! This has become yet another tradition for our family, and as you will be able to tell from the pictures, Landon REALLY enjoys it! Since Landon is so smitten with  Christmas lights, we are going to try and make our way to Huntsville this week so that he can see the Botanical Garden's Showcase of Lights! I'm sure he will love it, too!

Uncle Richard & Aunt Ashley joined us!
Rule #1 - when we go to the Wrights, Landon 
does NOT have to sit in his car seat. He likes that part :)

Approaching the property...

"Ooohhhh, Aaaahhhh!"


We weren't the only ones that came out to see the lights!




Someone spotted Santa on a tractor! :)

Sweet little mesmerized boy! :)

1 comment:

The Gists said...

I LOVED going there as a child, but I haven't been in years!